March 13, 2007

Brier Curling

Three missed shots!! As far as i am concerned Jeff Stoughton had one of the best teams in the Brier, and he could have won it all had it not been for 3 shots. Now in curling it always does come down to a shot or two in each game, and to be honest the Howard rink was the best during the week. I just hope he can keep that team together and win the right to represent Canada at the Olympics in 2010. As for those 3 shots, they are as follows

#1 He was light on a draw for one to beat Ontario
#2 He should have taken a single point in end #8 against Alberta, he would have been up by 3 and had the hammer in 10
#3 The decision to try that super difficult raise in end 4 (I think against Ontario)

All in all we saw some great curling despite the ice conditions, and of course it's very easy for me to say things watching from TV and not having curled more than once in my life, but hey thats what blogging is for, to express my opinions.

I have followed Jeff Stoughton for several years now at least in the Brier, and I really like him as a curler, and he seems like a pretty funny guy too.

No comments: