October 18, 2009

On Fire alarms

How annoying fire alarms can be!

We were woken up last night by a fire alarm at 5:00 a.m. For the first time in a while my wife and I debated whether to go downstairs. We had a rash of them a while back, and they were always in the morning.

I always remember University too, where particularly at the end of my second year in residence there was a whole whack of then, and one time we ended up outside in the fresh snow in April because of a fire alarm.

Actually come to think of it, my very last day in residence ever, we had a fire alarm at 7 a.m. That brings up a related funny story, at the end of the year, there's always a rush to get everything packed up and get yourself checked out. My roommate that year waited until the very last minute, and was scared about being kicked out. He lost a lot of time that morning because of the fire alarm, but being who he is, he went back to bed instead of finishing packing! he ended up having to store his stuff with someone and figure out the details later...

Anyways it's always annoying! I guess when I move to a house it will be the end of those problems, at least then, it's either your own fault, or a real fire!

No comments: