January 16, 2010

Furniture!

Man is it expensive, my wife and I were out shopping for a bedroom set. We paid a ridiculous amount, and then had to pay again a huge was of cash for the mattress!

I just hope they last as long and are as comfy as advertised.

We also finally managed to put a desk together today. Easy to assemble it said... well unlike IKEA stuff which is easy to assemble (and just as easy to fall apart,)this one was in 27 steps! It took quite a while, but I just thought it was a bit suspicious at 27 steps to completed. A lot of the pictures weren't all that clear either.

However it does look quite good, and will serve it's purpose well.

Ah the joys of moving into a new house,I suppose at some point in the near future I'll feel settled in. I'll then be able to talk about something else.

3 comments:

Patrick McIver said...

I'm glad to read that you are enjoying the new place and are beginning to settle in.

Speaking from experience, you never really settle down until everything is in place that you can live with.

At the end of the day, there is no thing more satisfying (I find) then coming home after work, sitting in my comfy leather chair in my reading room, turning on the XM radio to the classical channel, and reading a good (political) book while sipping on some rye and coke.

I never fully understood the allure of homeownership until I became a homeowner myself.

I suspect you will find the same thing!

XUP said...

No. Home ownership means never-ending expenses, projects, maintenance, renovations, etc., etc. But it's all worth it, right?

XUP said...

PS: It's cool that McIver reads your blog...it's THE McIver, right?