April 18, 2010

My reading list.

So it looks like it's been a few weeks since my last post unfortunately. My in-laws came up last weekend, and I guess the week before that was Easter, though I did actually have the time to post.

Anyways on to today's post.

I heard an interesting interview with Yann Martel, about his new book Beatrice and Virgil. It was a bit of a strange interview; I think they were trying hard not to give anything away.

It reminded me of the website What is Stephen Harper Reading, which provides a series of suggestions for the Prime Minister to read.

I've actually pulled a few things of that list for my own reading list. I'm not much of a fiction reader though. Generally I read non-fiction, though I do occasionally like to spice things up and read some fiction. I used to read some science fiction, but haven't lately.

Here's my current (expanding) reading list in addition to Beatrice and Virgil of course..

The new Extraordinary Canadian biographies ( Marshall McLuhan, Louis Riel and Lafontaine & Baldwin)

The structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn (I've had this for a while.. about time I should read it.)

The End of Energy Obesity: Breaking Today's Energy Addiction for a Prosperous and Secure Tomorrow by Peter Tertzakian

and The year of the flood when it comes out in paperback this summer.

No comments: