May 08, 2010

Lisbeth Salander

Like many others it seems I've been reading the Millenium series. It's a Swedish mystery series that's generating a lot of attention. I've enjoy it for the most part but I think in some way the most interesting part is the character of Lisbeth Salander. It's too bad that he won't be writing any more books as he died just before it was actually published.

In part this is because she apepars to have Asperegers. She has a photographic memory, extremely bright and yet has serious issues with authority and didn't even finish school. One funny moment I enjoyed is where the teacher gets mad at her because she gives the 'wrong' answer to a problem when in fact it's the texbook that has a mistake in it. That made me laugh.

The book is interesting and you can tell it's a critique of Swedish society, I imagine that some of it is lost in the translation, as well as some of the language obviously.

Interesting book, interesting characters and a good read.

No comments: