October 31, 2005

I'm in the nations capital once again

I am back! It feels good but also kind of strange. It turns out that there are going to be some major changes in this house, my leaving being one of them.

I am moving out of this house over the next 6 weeks.

6 weeks


That is nuts. I will be moving out the place that i have called home for over 2 years. Since I left home, this has been the place I have stayed the longest. This is where i met my girlfriend, and this is where i finished university.

It's going to be strange adjusting to that, especially leaving my roomates and friends who I have lived with over the past few years.

I am looking forward to moving on with my life though, and my trip to New Zealand (and australia) is really a big part of that I think. It will be my post-university experience, 3 months in another part of the world. It isn't the 1 year trip I had planned, but i think it will be long enough.

I learned a lot baout myself in just the 2 weeks i spent travelling alone in Europe, this will be a bit different, but i hope to really make the most of my time there.

Hopefully i'll have a bit better idea of where i am heading and what my plans are, but if not it will still be worth it. This relates a little bit to the site of this blog, "half-kiwi" I am indeed half-kiwi, my mom is from New Zealand. This is nice for this trip because I have citizenship which makes it a bit easier to travel, but it also means I will be discovering a part of my heritage.

No comments: