September 02, 2006

Long weekend!

Well I don't have any big plans for the long weekend. Hopefully I can do a bit of cleaning up here, I have lots of newspapers to get rid of among other recycling,.

I am finally done the 3 week training program at work and so next week I will be a regular full time employee which is exciting.

I'm trying to get into a course at Carleton this fall and (winter actually) entitled the cultural history of tourism. It actually looks really really interesting. I was surprised to find out it's a forth year course. It's taught by a professor which I had a few years ago and I like. Right now it's full but I have a feeling I should be able to get in.

I had a look at the course outline and it really does look i'd enjoy it, and of course I'm hoping I can get a good reference out of it as well as sharpen and work on my academic skills.

I just hope i'm not being too ambitious this fall, I'll be playing badminton twice a week and after a testing session at the college here, i'm being tempted to take a french grammar course on saturday mornings.

My girlfriend is taking a course all day saturdays and so I figure I should do something on saturday too.

I'm thinking it'll be fun to be a bit busier and feel like i'm accomplishing things this fall.

Of course the big deadline looms too i'll be applying to do my Masters in january.

Fun times....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there! Good luck! I hope you get into Carlton. And I'm glad you're also into badminton. :-)

Anonymous said...

So, are you going to be applying IN January, or FOR January???

And I like your ambitious fall schedule .... inspiring me to work out one equally as abitious :)

Justin said...

I am applying in January for September 2007. Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't clear about that..

Anonymous said...

OK, all clear :) I think that is also our plan ...