September 27, 2006

On a lighter note

After such a lengthy post last time, i figure i'd do something a bit lighter.

I am really enjoying my ipod. To be honest I was always qutie intrigued by the idea of the ipod, but quite surprised at how quickly it became ubiquitous among young people. On buses it's no longer rare to see several people plugged into their ipods, with their distinctive headphones during my morning commute.

With my recent purchase of a sleek and shiny black ipod nano, i now understand why. Unlike my (previously)absolute distain for cell phones, (and of course I now own one )I was always curious about the appeal of the ipod.

It's small, it's intutitive and simple to use and it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

I've also discovered the podcast. I had heard about podcasting and listened to a few stories on the radio about podcasting but until I had my ipod I wasn't really plugged in to that whole universe. Well right now because I haven't yet got an FM adapter for my ipod, i'm missing out on my usual CBC radio fix. There's also the problem that because the computer is not in my bedroom and now my stereo acts as the speakers for my computer we no longer have a stereo in the bedroom.

I've been able to really easily get podcasts of some of my favorite shows easily, downloaded into bite size peices perfect for the bus or other travel.

I'm really happy with my ipod and I now understand the appeal of the podcast. I think CBC radio has done a good job of integrating this new technology into its broadcasting appartus. I really really like CBC radio, and I think this is something the CBC does really really well. I'm not much of a TV person so I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyways but I really don't get much out of CBC TV.

SO i guess my point is CBC radio is good!

2 comments:

ygkpd said...

I didn't know there was a radio adapter for the ipod. I should look into the CBC podcasts.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the lack of FM is a downside to the ipod, but other than that I love mine (I got the 30gb video ipod).

And CBC has some great podcasts available now. I'm subscribed to quite a few of them.

You should also check the ones available from BBC and NPR, etc as well. There are some great shows available that you'd never otherwise hear of.

Where are you getting yours, by the way? I find all mine through the iTunes music store in iTunes.

-Gary