March 14, 2010

New Formula 1 season

This is probably the first season I have been so excited for the beginning of a Formula 1 season.

And no it`s not because Michael Schumacher is back. It`s because of that and everything else, whether it`s Jenson button`s move to Mclaren, the move of Fernando Alonso to Ferrari, or my hopes to see Sebastien Vettel win a world championship.

If you have no idea who i`m talking about, you`re not alone, and I`m not that surprised. Even though it mostly consists of the same people going around in circles, there is something interesting about it, with all the personalities involved, and the occasional incredible pass. Doing anything at 160 km/h adds some drama.

I think in part because the only North American GrandPrix is in Montreal (thank god they brought it back this year), I`ve noticed that Quebeckers and maybe even Montrealers more specifically are big F1 fans. Outside there, they can be hard to find, though recently I`ve met two others who are fans which was quite exciting.

I was thinking of going to Montreal for the Grand Prix this year, but it doesn't look possible. I am hoping to be there next year!

Anyways I hope the season gets better, because the race today was boring, so much for all the drama of the new pit stop system. It sucks for fans, so hopefully they'll figure out how to make it more interesting.

No comments: