March 07, 2010

On sleep

Since I move into this new place, my sleeping habits have been affected.

In part because I now have to wake up slightly earlier to get to work, but also just the change if environment appears to have affected. We also got a new bed, which is an obvious culprit.

Unlike most people I would assume however, my problem is that i can't seem to wake up as easily on Saturday mornings. I mean this seriously. I find one of the big impacts has been on this blog, I was pretty good for a while at writing ever Saturday morning, alas I have been less diligent in the last 6 weeks or so.

Perhaps this will correct itself, but we shall have to see.

I've become quite curious about the nature of habit formation, and so instead of making grand New Year's resolutions, I tried to identify a few good habits I wanted to start keeping. I probably started too many at the same time, I think there were five of them.

It's been difficult for me to adjust in some ways to not having a regular position though as well, I'm in a development program in which I change jobs every 6 months. I keep telling people i don't see very often, that "the next time you see me I'll probably have a new job" and it's true. Even in the world of the public service where people change jobs seemingly all the time, it's a bit much for me.

I am getting better at adjusting and fitting in though, but still it wears on you and can be quite stressful, as I find it takes a month or so before you even know who people are, let alone what they do.

Over and out.

No comments: