July 02, 2006

Down in Barrie...

Been having a good time here in Barrie.. but I can't get over the low density sprawl everywhere, or thelong drive it takes to get anywhere.

I know i've been spoiled by the fact that in Regina it takes less than 10 minutes to get anywhere by car, and the fact that I lived really close to the main drag in Regina. Even knowing these things, i'm amazed at how car reliant people seem to be in southern Ontario, and how much time they spend in their cars. I could never live down here.

I don't really want to own a car ever, and besides someone has to offset the emissions from leslie and noel's new SUV.

I have also been doing a fair amoutn of thinking on different subjects lately, I think I should start writing more about different issues and maybe even do some research if I can find the time. There are a lot of courses and other things i'd like to get involved with this fall and beyond. I'm hoping I can find a 9-5 job for the fall so that I can be more involved in those projects.

A short list to date:
French writing course
Spanish lessons
Curling
Cross-Country Skiing
Cooking course
Re-join a choir
Flute lessons
Volunteer work
Badminton
(maybe even a photography course)

And of course, since i'm planning to apply to do my MA, I have no choice but to take one mandatory second year poli sci course this fall too.

Hopefully it all works out in the end. I just hope my interview on Wednesday goes well....

No comments: