October 22, 2006

Out on the prairies again

I'm not too sure when i'll be out here on the Saskatchewan plains again. I'm not spending christmas here, and it looks like my mom is determined to move out of the city within the next year.

Not that there's been much to come back to, to be honest. The great majority of people that I hung out with in highschool left the city, and the ones that are still in town i've grown apart from. It's also interesting to see how the city has changed in 6 years. I find it quite different from the days I remember it. Whether that's my perspective that has changed or the city itself has changed.

It amazing the little things that you notice when you return to a place you haven't been in a while. I guess a lot of small things add up over time.

It is also a reflection of the new place that you've been. I find Regina a fairly dull and gray city, but only in comparison with a much greener city like Ottawa. I'm sure Regina has always been a dull gray city, especially in the fall light and the dust of spring, I jsut never noticed it as much before.



Oh I also want to say that I enjoyed watching RDI this morning and seeing the Quebec perspective on things. I also got to watch CBC News SUnday for the first time in a while and I have to say I appreciate them looking into harder issues than the regular news. I also like the political commentary (of course) as well.

Those are my thoughts for the day. I'm reading an interesting book right now too, called stumbling into happiness, it's quite good.

No comments: