October 29, 2006

Still here

Well I haven't posted much recently, but life continues pretty normally here in Ottawa.

I spent some time with some old friends while I was in Regina, and then this weekend, I managed to get a hold of someone i hadn't heard from in a few years. My friend was an exchange student a few years ago, who I lost tough with and through the magic of MSN I did manage to get a hold of him again.

Other than that life continues at a normal pace. I'm in the process of applying to do my MA. I'm really hoping that something comes from that.

I've been playing quite a bit of Simcity this weekend. It's such a fun game, especially now that I have a large enough region that my cities grow like magic.

I also have managed to start my research project for my class at Carleton. It should prove to be quite interesting. It's on the promotion of the Olympics in Calgary in 1988 and Montreal in 1976(well Calgary for sure, maybe some Montreal stuff too)

That reminds me; I saw something funny on TV today . Does anyone remember that really weird 'B' movie with David Duchovny called Evolution? Well it was on TV today. I've always wondered whether that movie wasn't just a big product placement by Head & Shoulders.
(For those who haven't seen it, H&S is the thing that kills the aliens in the movie, and at the end of the movie there's an actual H&S commercial)

Anyways that movie sucked, but made me laugh(mostly at how bad it is).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love bad movies :)