March 16, 2006

Go team Stoughton

It's a bit tough to be from Saskatchewan and cheer for a team from manitoba this week, but here's hoping Jeff Stoughton and his rink from Winnipeg can win the Brier.

I have been a curling fan for a while. My dad and I used to watch it on TV occasionally whenever it was on, in either the olympics (since 1988) or the Brier or Scott.

I want to learn how to curl, it's sort of a Saskatchewan thing to do, so i figured even if I learn it late in life, it'll be good for me to know. I thinking of taking lessons this past fall, but that didn't work out.. So it'll have to be this coming winter.

Anyways I spent most of the weekends last february watching the curling. It started to get me hooked even more. I watched a little of the world juniors, then it was the Scott, then the brier, then the women's and men's worlds.

I wish I could have watched the Olympic curling trials this past February, but I was in Australia and New Zealand. NEw Zealand actually had a team there, because a transplanted Canadian was skipping it. Anyways point is I didn't get to watch any of it.

This was even more dissapointing for me because I watched the Olympic trials intently. I was so dissapointed that Kelly Scott lost in the final, i thought she played really really well and would've done Canada proud. My other favorite was Jeff Stoughton, who got to the final and came literally millimeters away from winning.

Here's hoping he can do like Kelly Scott and come back strong, to win the Brier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for teaching me the rules of curling last winter :) miss you!