June 22, 2006

Some good news

I got a job interview, actually I had two. The phone calls were only minutes apart. It seems that I have finally found a situation that might work for me.

I won't jinx it and mention any specifics on this site, but suffice to say I am now much happier about my prospects than I have been for a while. Both are offering full time hours so i'm quite optimistic that sometime next week I may be gainfully employed!

I always remember that phrase, because in my first job after i was in university, when i went back home in the summer, the secretary who was nominally my boss, used to always ask if I was gainfully employed. SHe joked about it often, asking if I was being kept busy in the job (mostly because she knew I wasn't)

Anyways I think even if I don't get either position, I am happy for the experience of going through interviews, and also it means i am getting somewhere. I think that's been one of the hardest things over the past couple of weeks, i've put in 20 or so applications, and no interviews, not even hearing back from people. It starts to get to you.

Things are looking better now..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Justin - congratulations? Let me know if you would like me to send those pdfs my sister had done up that I was telling you about ...

but, what's up with not approving my comments???????

:)