September 18, 2005

Montreal

So I spent one day in Montreal, yesterday actually a little over 24 hours. I went to go visit my brother. He moved there last week.

It was interesting to see him being so independent (keep in mind he has never lived anywhere except at home) and i'm proud of him for what he has achieved so far, i just hope he can actually find a job. That's the key to him doing well in Montreal. He has all these ideas about how to spend money that he doesn't have.

His French isn't that great, so he'l have to work on that a bit if he really wants to go far. I couldn't get over how bilingual the city was. I know that there are french areas and english areas, but wow all the sales people spoke both. I tried to get in my little bits of french. My french is a lot better than it was before i had my bilingual job at the infocenter. I am really worried about keeping it up though.

One of the interesting comments I have heard for people though is that it's really tough to learn french when everybody around you CAN speak english, it's so easy to switch into what you're comfortable with.

Anyways my brother is doing fine and it was good to see him. There are some things I still don't agree with or understand about him, but hey thats life. I wish him all the best.

No comments: