September 19, 2005

random musings

I had the chance to meet a friend i hadn't seen in a long time. Someone who went away not enjoying school and who has decided to return and finish her degree. She was almost serene and it was good.

It reminds me how much i have actually changed in the past 3 years. I realized after I left residence how many of the friendships and really experiences of my university years were tied only to residence, and how ephemeral some of the relationships i had in res turned out to be.

It was nice to see that my friend was doing well, she seemed really happy and really in a good situation and really committed to her studies.

I think if i had taken some time off after highschool i might have been better prepared for the rigours of university. i don't have any regrets about the way it worked out but i think it might've been easier.

There's so much pressure on students to start and go right away to university. I know i felt that pressure from my parents, but also from society in general. Of course it depends on what I had done with that year too.. Some people just piss the time away, and I could've done that. I think it really depends on the person

that's it for now.. another post tomorrow

No comments: