January 30, 2006

I have seen the worms

Yes I did it! I went to see the glowworms in Waitomo. SOmething very special indeed. I can't really send any pics because first of all you can't really take picturs of them, and then second it wouldn't do them justice.

It was pretty amazing, My girlfriend and I picked a good tour opreator and we got quite a long time underneath the worms. They're actually the pupae of a fly. The glowing part is actually their shit, which reacts with Oxygen to make it glow. They are definately weird little creatures.

Anyways tomorrow we're off to Smelly Rotorua.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Jen!!!

Anonymous said...

the caves were awesome!!! I'm having fun :)

HiveRadical said...

So crap can, in some circumstances, be illuminating. Maybe those glow worms would make good salesmen, lawyers or politicians!