January 04, 2006

Wonderful Rotorua

I had a great day today. I went to Rotorua which is where they have geysers and boiling mud. It smells of sulphur there, but it didn't appear to be very strong today. We also had variable weather, which meant lots of rain on the trip down, including some close to being horizontal, and then a few patches of sunshine. Overall the weather was ok.

I also went to see a buried village where the remains of a volcanoe explosion are located. They had a very nice tramp(in NZ this means hike) which led us by a waterfall and everything. I still can't get over how green everything is!

I even did something uncharacteristic of me, I went on a big swing thingy, with my mom's cousiin and her friend. It takes you 150k/h in 2 seconds. It was nuts.

This picture here is of the Maori welcoming ceremony at the Geysers




Here's me with the waterfall in the background.



This is a great picture of the area near to the buried village

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice pics hun! glad to hear that you are safe and having a great time....can't wait to join you!!!