January 17, 2006

I'm in Noah's Ark

Oh first of all I bought a new backpack, which fits more stuff. I had been getting annoyed at my small pack so i bought a bigger one. it's not the biggest kind yet, so it seems a bit smaller than what some people are carrying but i got it on sale and I needed the room so i can buy people souvenirs.

I still haven't found a place to hook up my usb yet. I found one late last night in christchurch but i didn't feel like going there late at night.

I have started to meet people which is nice a few interesting characters and some really nice people today.

Well I have had quite a long day, moslty because i had trouble sleeping last night. I had an early start to the day, because the chuttle bus came at 7:09 am this morning and picked us up for a 8:15 train across the country from the east of the south island to the west coast. It was really nice and I took tons of pictures, hopefully when i find a place to upload them I can post a few.

I met a few fellow travllers and actually it's been great fun. I met them at the start of the train journey and have spent most of the day hanging out with them. they happen to be doing the Magic Bus tour as well. It seems like almost everybody I've met here is doing the magic bus tomorrow. Should be fun.

One of the guys I met even made me dinner which was nice.

Then we played a board game called rummy-o which is sort of like the card game rummy and just chilled all night.

Tomorrow is Glacier day we go to Franz Joseph Glacier, which should be awsome. I am planning to do a glacier hike the second day there I think. Haven't decided for sure yet, but i've heard good things about it.

Thats all for now
P.S The noah's ark is the name of the hostel I'm staying at. I would recommend it to anyone passing through, for nothing if not the best shower's i've seen in a hostel anywhere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhh...i'm getting excited!!!!!!!!!! have fun at the glacier!