January 14, 2006

South Island

Well i'm here on the south island and the weather was great today. I made a bit of a blunder today though, i ended up in Nelson, paying a whole heck of a lot for a room, and realized today that I have to leave early, and i am basically now backtracking.

So basically i wasted today and it was expensive and because i arrived in the late afternoon on a saturday everything was closed. So that has been a bit discouraging. But i think i needed to catch up on sleep and having a double bed will make it easier.

I haven't been up to a whole lot today but i went and did my first grocery shop, i bought stuff to make sandwhiches fort my bus trip tomorrow. The grocery stores here are a bit different, especially the cheese section, they have so many different cheeses and not much cheddar. A lot of specialty cheeses, like feta with all sorts of variations like pesto feta, or berry feta or whatever, same with camembert. They also have a lot of like organic stuff and all sorts of health type foods. They also have fanta here (which I love) like they do in Europe.

The bus trip should be my last before i join the magic bus tour, which will be nice because my transport is already paid for. I have a few more arrangements to make before that though.

Anyways i can't post pics here, so i won't be able to settle any debates, but maybe at my next stop.

And if it's derek asking about Papua New Guinea.. all I have to say is.. no comment.. why don't you worry about your own travel plans first...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....cheese....what kind did you end up buying?? hope you are having a good bus trip to Christchurch...