February 19, 2006

And we're off

Well my girlfriend and I parted ways this morning. She's off to snow and ice (I mean... home.. ) and i'm heading to the heat and desert of Alice Springs.. I leave tomorrow morning.

I'm scared that i'll melt from the heat. It seems to get up to the 40 degree mark fairly easily there. Oh boy.. that kind of heat seems unbearable right now, it's only like 30 now in Sydney and it's pretty awful. Not that i expect any sympathy from you Canucks...

Did any of you watch the guy lose his skis at the olympics? That was nuts!!

I will be taking a whole heck of a lot of pictures once i get to Uluru(Ayer's rock) so i'll try and get around to posting some more in a few days. I am getting very excited about this part of the trip. They take us there at sunrise and sunset so we can try and get some of those really nice pictures.

I haven't been up to much lately, went out for dinner last night, spent today reading and relaxing. They had a really cool exhibit at the Australiam museum, it was a collection of the best wildlife photographs. They even had like a kids section, you should see the photos these 11-14 year olds were taking. Incredible!

I tend to be a museum person, i enjoy seeing museums wherever i go. My girlfriend isn't quite as interested as me to say the least. I've seen some pretty good ones here I have to say, though there are a few more I want to go and check out again when I am back in Melbourne. I am also looking forward to stopping in Canberra for a bit, check out parliament. Everyone here seems to dump on it, which means I have to check it out for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.