February 02, 2006

Change of plans

Ok so there has been a change of plans. The plans involving overnight transport are no more. Reason: No space on the bus!

That measn tomorrow will be travel day instead of a day spent in Wellington. This sucks mostly for my girlfriend who won't be able to see the pretty good Te Papa. The national museum of New Zealand. I will still be able to go because i am heading to Wellington after Australia (that and i've already seen the museum) hahashahahah i say to her!

Anyways in other news today was good, we went to Te Puia and saw the Geysers, see pictures somewhere below. We got to see the Maori concert this time and it really was a concert, i imagined something more akin to a cuiltural pewrformance but this wsa a concert, singing songs and doing a few assorted maori specific activities too. very well done and well worth the price.

Not being able to see Wellington, just means we'll have to come back someday soon.

New plans involve a bus trip to wellington, one hour there, then an evening ferry to Picton. We arrange our accomodation for that night, and also for Kaikoura where we will go whale watching. Never done that before and i'm looking forward to it

One Final note, i can't beleive it but my friend leslie actually posted an entire entry in her blog on me

2 comments:

~ said...

Oh, Justin, I could devote WAY MORE than just one lonely post to your lovable Justiness.

Heg-IH-mon-EY hurrah!

I loves keeping track of you via your blog. Keep up with the blog hotness, and your general hotness.

Keep us posted on Oswaldo while you're eating Kiwis and Koalas. Mmmm ... Koala bear.

Much Love

Leslie and Noel

Sarah said...

I just came across your blog today, great posts by the way, and because your profile isn’t filled out I searched your site to find out a little more about you. I stumbled upon a post where you talk about missing CBC radio Sunday mornings and that’s all I needed to read, so youre a fellow Canadian. I’m also in NZ, living in Christchurch. You sound like you and your girlfriend are having an amazing trip. Enjoy the glacier and Queenstown 2 places I really enjoyed as well as the beautiful Milford Sound. Keep up the blogging and Ill check in every once in a while. Have fun on Kiwi Island, as I like to call it.

My blog is www.sarahscene.blogspot.com